Friday, March 6, 2009

When you are living in deep darkness.

When your life is filled with darkness, when you can no longer see the way ahead, when hope fades and disappears; You need a word from God.

God’s word brings life. It releases hope. It opens your eyes so that you can see right through the dark. God’s word takes hold of a good future and pulls it into your present. Jesus described it as the Kingdom of God being right with you today.

Take hold of God’s word with all your being. Bob Lipsys

PS Here are some words which sustained and brought me life today:

God … brings victory in the darkness.... If you're going through some times where it looks like devastation in your life...and things look very, very disgusting and discouraging, I want to remind you of something: Holy Spirit is right outside your door, in the dark, evaluating the situation.... Holy Spirit knows how to move in your darkness.... He's examining and inspecting and evaluating your situation. And believe me, it might seem like God is not up to much; it might seem like you don't see anything happening, but Holy Spirit is looking it over. He's coming up with a plan, and believe me, He won't just look it over; He'll return and He'll help you.
by Pastor John Kilpatrick--a sermon, Nehemiah, Portrait of the Holy Spirit

3 comments:

  1. God's word truly does bring hope and life! Thank you for sharing these truths Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting "Real Gal". May God continue to bless your 'ministry' of "encouraging words"
    Bob Lipsys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this thoughts!I agree with the fact that God's words can bring not only light in the darkness,encouragement in problems bu also comfort, power and a shelter for the ones who needs it.
    I remember when God's words were such a blessing for me.Years have past since my return to Him and I hear His words clear into my heart.
    Visit my blog

    ReplyDelete