Monday, March 16, 2009

Drenched and dripping with the power of God.

We ought to live every day as though we've come out of another world into this world - but with the power of that world still upon us. We should live and speak and move in that power, and have our whole being in Jesus Christ!
John Wesley


Last week someone was very surprised that I go to Church each week. They said, "You are not Catholic, you don't have to go. Why would you go?"

(I did not tell them I also go to "Church" each day - via the net, worship CDs, teaching CDs etc - I did not want to completely blow their minds. They were surprised enough.)

I don't go to Church for Church. I go to meet God with a group of friends who are committed to me. Via worship we enter another world, another dimension. Being together with God empowers our lives and our spirits. On Sunday I got prayed for out the front. That prayer is still bubbling through me, doing its powerful work. There is power in prayer that is inspired by God. It releases one for the destiny God has for them.

John Wesley was so right. Each day we do come from another world. We come drenched and dripping with the power of God.
Bob Lipsys

No comments:

Post a Comment