Sunday, March 29, 2009

A tough month

I've had a tough month. My work load has been intense. Up 6.00am, often after getting to bed at 1am. Exhausted, worn out, broken and weary. At these times feelings of personal failure overwhelm me at times. Even when in bed, my mind starts to race going through all I need to complete. Everything negative is magnified. Positives quickly fade.

I've been surviving on words from God. Sometimes shouts, often whispers. These words come from various sources.

a) My local church (The Burdekin Community Church). I am studying a course at Church with Pastor Kevin called "Sure Foundations." And it is true. If our life foundations are built on the Rock - Jesus - we are secure. The greatest storms can blow and mightiest waves can hit us head on, yet we will be left standing. Not because of our own strength but because of Jesus. I make time to complete the course work and home study.

b) Bethel Church, Redding CA. As a subscriber to "ibethelTV" I listen to all their services during the week. Often when I am going to sleep, and during breakfast/meals. etc. Faith, life and healing are released in me. I have something to give to others, Touched by Jesus I touch others with His power and love and words. http://www.ibethel.org/

c) Worship Music - It fills the House when I am home. I just soak it up. "Praising God changes the atmosphere." I have gentle soaking music playing in the background when working.

d) Other Good worship and teaching from time to time: Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship, Bill Prankard, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland etc See my links

e) JunctionJ-Community http://www.junctionjcommunity.com/ an internet Christian Community. Here I pray for people,get prayed for, contribute to discussions - be part of a Christian Group when I am unable to travel to one. I can spend 10 minutes here and come back to my work refreshed.

Back to the grindstone,
Refreshed however by God's Word
Bob Lipsys

No comments:

Post a Comment