Thursday, September 24, 2009

There will be scars

I see a person standing tall. After the spiritual battle, they have stood their ground. There are signs of struggle, signs of a person who has stood against a great storm.

God often chooses the small and irrelevant instead of the great. The key is connectedness to Jesus. If you are connected to Jesus, you can be standing at the end, no matter how great the storm/enemy. Hold your position in God. Do not slink back.

Seek God and His Word. Find out where He wants the stand made and then stand with all the faith and energy God works in you. The enemy will not overcome and trample you. In the end you will be standing.

There will be scars from spiritual battles. Physical, emotional and spiritual.

In the battles to come I'm to stand. When all is thrown at me I'm to be standing. The scars represent previous spiritual battles where I stood my ground and in the end remained standing even though wounded in battle. The scars show where God has healed. The scar itself remains as a medal of honor.

I was reminded of "Shammah" in the Bible who defended a field of lentils when the rest of Israel fled. Because He stood his ground, the Lord brought about a great victory for Israel. There are many unnoticed heroes like Shammah. Sadly we do not even remember their names. But God does.

Bob Lipsys
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment