Sunday, April 3, 2011

When your atmosphere is poisoned by negativity.

What is surrounding you at present? What atmosphere are you living in?

Someone just like you once wrote: “I have heard the many reports and rumors about me, and I am surrounded by terror” Psalm 31:13 (NLT).

David is surrounded by negativity, bad news, threats to his person and his life. It terrorizes him.

Rather than remaining in that negativity, and rather than accepting the reports and the so called facts of the situation, he calls on God for a good future. He prays: “ But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, “You are my God! My future is in your hands.” Psalm 31:14-15 (NLT)

God is God. God is in charge. Not his enemies. Not the facts or reports. God is God. The Lord is David’s God.

This faith in God changes the atmosphere around David. Terror is replaced with “Songs of Victory.” And the implication is that God is singing these songs.

“For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. Interlude: The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Psalm 32:7-8 (NLT)

What is it like when God sings? God sings your future…..

Lord, open the ears of all who put their trust in you. Let them hear you sing.

In Psalm 32:10 David describes it as being surrounded by unfailing love. “...unfailing love surrounds those who trust the LORD.” Your future is good in God.
Bob Lipsys, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment