Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God Sings

God sings. He sings songs over his people. If you are one of His people, he sings with joy over you. If you are not one of His people, He wants to be your Savior, he wants to pour his love into your life and sing over you too.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT) “For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
Psalm 32:7 (NLT) “For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.”

God sings. But what is it like when He sings? What does it sound like?
Sometimes when God speaks, I not only hear His voice within me, but I also see images or explosions of color. I sometimes feel “liquid excitement” cover me like oil. If that is my personal response to His Word, what is it like when He sings songs of victory over us? Wow…

I once took some ‘relatives’ to a Vineyard Church in Strathpine Qld. Our Church was a long way away and quite “Pentecostal.” I thought at the time they needed some gentle worship, and as they were suspicious of our Church, I thought a neutral venue would be best.

What a service: beautiful, gentle worship, lovely presence of Jesus, no hype or emotionalism. Then suddenly, during the worship, God joined in. The first sign was on the worship team. Gradually they fell one by one under the presence of God. From memory, even the drummer went down. Musical instruments fell on the ground. Microphones dropped. The presence of God overwhelmed the whole room. A minister, or worship leader grabbed a microphone and called people forward. I rushed forward. I wanted all that God had for me. I wanted more of Him. I no longer worried about what my relatives thought. God overwhelmed me. I don’t know how long I stood at the front. I don’t know if anyone was saying anything. God was singing in my heart.
“He will rejoice over you with joyful songs”….. Sing Lord Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment