Monday, September 30, 2013

From a joy deficiency to doing cartwheels of joy

 A quote from 

The Happy Gospel  by Benjemin Dunn



One current, joy-robbing idea of Christianity is that it is little more than a new start on an old life—just a second chance. If this is true, that Christianity is simply a new beginning at the same old kind of life, what makes me think that I’m not going to make a mess of it again?

 The “old life,” our pre-Christ existence, was filled with sinfulness and the inability to choose God even if we desired to. Even if we had been given a new start, it would still be the “old life"!

 But what Christ gives us is a “new life” in quality, a new kind of life. It is not the same kind of life just patched up bit, with a few moral guidelines to keep us on the straight and narrow. We have entered into a new world full of love and life. We’ve fallen heart-first into endless rivers of holy enjoyment.

 Jesus said you couldn’t put a new piece of cloth on an old garment. And you cannot pour new, vibrant, and living wine into an old wineskin.  The two cannot go together.

 No wonder so many Christians have a joy deficiency. The “old life” and joy cannot coexist.

And the truth is that you are not the same old you; you are a New Creation living in a new world.

Absolutely everything is new!

 I don’t know about you, but this makes me happy! In fact, I feel like doing cartwheels right now!

I’m singing joyful praise to God. I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.

No comments:

Post a Comment