Sunday, June 23, 2013

Worth Repeating

 
 This message by Kris Vallotton needs to be repeated everywhere. God can take the worst situations and turn them into good. (Bob Lipsys - Australia)

Several years ago my son went through a divorce. It was the worst experience of our lives. I honestly don't know how any of us survived. I hurt so bad for my son and his 3 small children that I despaired of life itself. My son remarried an amazing woman a couple years ago and we also have loving relationship with our former daughter law.

My sons 3 children stayed with us this weekend. I was truly touched to the very core of my being by how well they are doing, the way they love God, and the kindness and true joy that exudes from each of them.

When we were in the darkest season of our lives, Jesus kept telling me to trust Him to work this out for our good. I didn't trust Him but He worked it out anyway.

I am awed by God's ability to take a terrible situation and somehow turn it around and actually make it better than it was before we failed. I don't get it but I am observing a miracle.

If you are considering a divorce, think long and hard because the pain will cut deeper than you could ever imagine.

If you are divorced God has an amazing ability to bring something beautiful out of something horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment