Monday, May 27, 2013

Grace Walk

So many Christians today measure the success of their spiritual lives by whether they live up to religious rules. They focus on their performance. They try to live up to the standard they have set for themselves, but they can never do enough. No wonder they feel defeated!


Your sense of failure may be the catalyst God wants to use to bring you to a new understanding of the meaning of the Christian life.


When Christians try to live by rules, the outcome will be the same as it has always been. They will discover that they just can’t measure up, regardless of how hard they try. The law is intended to make people realize, “I just can’t do it. I’ve tried and tried, but I just can’t live a successful Christian life.”


If that’s how you feel, then you might be closer than you know to enjoying success. Your sense of failure may be the catalyst God wants to use to bring you to a new understanding of the meaning of the Christian life.


For a long time I thought that to experience success in my Christian life, I had to work harder. But I discovered that the key to enjoying success is not strenuous work, but spiritual rest. This is a paradox in Scripture—we must rest while we work 


          From Grace Walk  by Steve McVey

No comments:

Post a Comment