Saturday, December 1, 2012

deliriously happy

I'm deliriously happy. While writing reports I've had a day of Worshiping God and listening to good grace teaching. I stopped for a break and read some of John Crowder's book "The Ecstasy of Loving God".   A quote from the book:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Christians have been conditioned to believe that the personal satisfaction they derive from God can become idolatrous. Even in the thought work of Lewis, he determined that the personal satisfaction of love was not evil, as long as it did not become an idol. But Piper takes Lewis’ work to the next level, and more to the heart of Scripture. He says that our personal satisfaction in God is the very essence of true worship!

“The longing to be happy is a universal human experience, and it is good, not sinful. We should never try to deny or resist our longing to be happy, as though it were a bad impulse,” writes Piper. “Instead, we should seek to intensify this longing and nourish it with whatever will provide the deepest and most enduring satisfaction. The deepest and most enduring happiness is found only in God.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I'm #TeamGod as well,and it is refreshing
    to hear someone say they are happy,quite rare,
    but made me smile just reading your post.

    Happy to hear reading scripture is important
    to you.

    I won't lie,I do read the bible,but have slacked
    off lately,although I do watch
    Joyce Meyer Ministries daily.

    Thanks,you have inspired me to pick up my bible.

    Take care,and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really excellent blog post. When i only came on your weblog in addition to needed to say that we have seriously really liked reading your web site articles.

    ReplyDelete