Thursday, March 1, 2012

I've been washing my nets for too long

This week a verse from a Godfrey Birtill song has been calling me forward into God’s destiny. It is like a wakeup call, a call from Jesus saying “take your boat off the shore into the deep”. Ah the deep, where Jesus is.

Washing your nets – getting all those work demands under control - gets rather tedious and keeps one too busy to launch out with Jesus. In this state I end up on the shore basically living in unbelief. I find myself at these times living by my own resources rather than by faith. How dull! The excitement level is so low.

But wow. When I’m out of my depth with Jesus facing the impossible challenges He brings, with the wind of the Holy Spirit in my face, faith wells up into ecstasy.

It is time to do what I see.
Bob Lipsys, Australia

Breakout (I've Been Washing My Nets) Verse 1
By Godfrey Birtill © Thankyou Music

I've been washing my nets for too long
On the shores of unbelief
Listening through hours of meetings
Now it's time to do what I see
To put out into deeper water
Sail away on the winds of faith
I see there's a massive harvest
The nets will almost break.

1 comment:

  1. Launch and see.....
    www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete