Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time for Tongues

Doug Addison of Inlight Connections http://www.dougaddison.com/ Wrote the following about "Tongues" in a recent newsletter. Doug gives encouragement to use this gift, as well as a practical example of how he has been helped through it.

"I am not a big promoter of the theology that you have to speak in tongues to be Spirit-filled. I have met people who don’t and they have evidence of the Holy Spirit working in their lives. I have been praying in tongues since 1988. Just recently God reminded me that praying in tongues (or in the Spirit) connects us with the strategies from Heaven that we are not aware of (Romans 8:26–27). Over the past few weeks I have made a practice of praying in tongues for a few minutes then moving right into strategizing, planning, and writing down the ideas and thoughts that come to me. I have been amazed at the results. It does not seem as though I am getting revelation because the things I receive just after praying in tongues are in the form of my own thoughts. It does not mean that all our thoughts are from God and you will need to use wisdom and discernment. Just this past week we had a sprinkler pipe break under our concrete driveway that was potentially going to cost over a thousand dollars to fix. The repairman thought it was one thing but after praying in tongues I knew exactly where to dig to find the leak on a different pipe than expected. It is not tongues alone; you must follow through immediately with writing down and responding to what you get afterwards. Give it a try — God is amazing." Doug Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment