Thursday, May 28, 2009

Seeing beyond the storm

Many times we get so caught up in the storm
that we forget our destination. The devil always
wants the storm to be the paramount story
that you tell, rather then the victory that awaits
us on the shore across the storm.

……...A quote by Tom Messer. Founder and former Senior Pastor of Mt Zion Church, Arizona.

I love being with faith-filled people. I love reading
the Bible and hearing good preaching. All these let
me leave my negativity, my storm focus behind, and
point me to what the Lord is doing and will do in the
future. They point me to the promises of God rather
then to the disappointments of life. When we focus
on the storms of life we lose our perspective in God.
We lose our hope. Depression builds. That’s why
you need to get together with positive, faith talking
people this week. It is not that they do not have
storms and disappointments. They do. But together
with others and the Lord, they have “the eyes” to
see beyond these, The storms don’t last forever.
The shore is coming closer.
Bob Lipsys, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment