Saturday, April 11, 2009

Need healing? Then Easter is good news for you.

I'm willing to help you, I'm willing to heal
I've borne all your sufferings, I know how you feel
Your pain can be ended, my power is real
I'm willing to help you, I'm willing to heal
©Don Francisco “Willing to Heal” from the “He’s alive” album

When Jesus died on the cross He died in my place and in your place. He suffered for our sin, so that we could be put right with God. On the cross Jesus took our sin. When we put our faith in Him, we receive His righteousness as our own. It is certain.

Just as certain is that Jesus died for our sickness, our brokenness and our diseases. His suffering and death also brings healing to us.


Consider these Bible Passages:
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Jesus is willing to forgive you, reconcile you with God the Father, and heal you.
That is what Easter is all about.

Bob Lipsys, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment