Sunday, February 15, 2009

Changing your world

You can be a person who changes the world around them just by being there.

Last year, just before Easter, my wife and I were in a crowded shopping centre in a very long queue. Many people around us were frustrated and angry, they had waited a long time to be served. Then the computer system in our lane broke down. The cash register closed down completely. The lady being served at the time exploded in anger. She yelled at the checkout staff and she yelled at her children. This anger and frustration was transferred to others.

Standing in line, I remembered what John Paul Jackson said in one of his CD’s about God using these sort of delays for His purposes. So I silently prayed for those around us. The lady in front calmed down. I invited a heavily pregnant woman to go ahead of us as she looked very tired and worn out at the wait. As I silently prayed for all the frustrated people around us they calmed down. After a bit of a wait the computer sprung back into life. The woman in front, who had been complaining and making a fuss, found out that the problem was actually caused by her child pulling a cable out of the computer.

When we got to the front of the line, the check out lady apologised for the delay and commented on the peace my wife and I radiated. I went out happy, having transformed my area of the world with God's touch.

Next time you are delayed, assume God has allowed the delay to happen to you with His purposes in mind. He is giving you the opportunity to change the world around you.

Blessings are yours in Jesus,
Bob Lipsys

No comments:

Post a Comment